When it comes to picking up new skills, I always find myself getting super excited. I am of the belief that a day where you don’t learn anything new is a failure of ad day. Whenever I get the opportunity to learn something new, I am eager. Last Monday, I spent quite some time reading all about a problem called radon gas. For anyone who is not familiar with radon gas, it’s a colorless, odorless, radioactive gas that can lead to lung cancer if exposure is prolonged. It’s rather dangerous, and can be found just about everywhere. Radon is found in the soil and can be an issue almost everywhere in the world. When it becomes dangerous is when it manages to seep into the basement where concentrations can build to dangerous levels. It is when it is highly concentrated that the danger of health issues starts going up. It often gets into homes through cracks in the foundation. The soil releases it in the form of a gas. However, there are devices available which accurately measure radon. Measuring levels of radon is not as tough as you might imagine and getting rid of it is fairly straightforward. All you have to do in most cases is to seal up cracks in the foundation and ventilate the room properly. Then test can be repeated if necessary. In a few cases, you might have to install a professional ventilation and fan system to remove the radon safely from the home. Radon removal is fairly reasonable, and proven to be effective and safe.