We had a really bad wind storm a couple days ago. The wind was blowing so hard that the windows were rattling. I could have sworn that someone was in our room, but it was just the shrubs outside our bedroom, scraping the outside of the house. It was kind of eerie, but it was also kind of cool. By morning, I could hear the wind whistle through the house, and my husband knew that meant we had a problem. With all of the wind, our chimney cover had blown off, and the cover to our well had blown off. It wasn’t just windy, but it was frigid. The temperature had dropped down to zero. He got up and he went down to the well room. With the well cap missing, it meant we had cold air blowing down into the well room. There was ice on all of the pipes. My husband spent two hours in the well room, with a space heater and my blow dryer, trying to keep the pipes to the well pump from freezing. Our hot water heater and the furnace was running overtime, in an effort to keep up to the zero temperature and the negative twenty wind chill factor. We had windows to repair, a new well cap to buy and we had to get a heater for inside the well room. Until the temperatures went up, the heater ha to run all of the time. It was the only way we could be sure our well didn’t freeze and that we didn’t have to replace the well pump and possibly our furnace since we had a boiler system.