My wife and I moved out to Iowa about twelve years ago for job opportunities. By chance, we were both offered employment by different corporations that happened to be within twenty miles of one another. It seemed like it was a sign or something hokey like that, so we packed up the station wagon and traveled out west to start a new chapter in the book called life. We were able to acquire a nice three bedroom home for pennies on the dollar due to it being at auction. We moved in and quietly enjoyed our new life in the Heartland. However, like all things it was fated to come to an end. First, my wife’s job laid her off. Keep in mind, we both moved out here for well-paying, specialized jobs, so it was not like there was another job in her field she could just jump into. While she wasted away on unemployment, I was having my own employment issues, ultimately leading us to sell and move elsewhere. During the selling process, we had an inspection and found that the house was full of radon gas. Radon gas is a hazardous material that leaks into homes from the surrounding soil through cracks and holes in the foundation. It’s odorless, colorless, and radioactive. I had to get a radon testing company in there to figure out where the problem was coming from and fix it. I look at it like fate was telling us that our decision to leave was the right one. Once that was done we finished the sale and took off.