I’d had our central cooling system for nearly more than nine years when it finally malfunctioned.
When I first started up the a/c in late Springtime, I noticed some complications, however every time the fan cycled on, it made a high-pitched screeching sound and something rattled; Despite all the noise, the component wasn’t providing all that much cool air.
It needed to run a lot longer to achieve the control component setting, and on especially warm days, the beach house felt boiling and sticky. There was also a certainly unpleasant odor coming from the vents. My beach house aromaed musty and way too much enjoy a dirty fish tank. Although I made sure to change the filter and wash the vents, the performance of the a/c gradually deteriorated. At the same time, our electric bills continued to rise. I absolutely should have called for service instantaneously. Instead, I procrastinated until the cooling system absolutely failed. When the Heating and Air Conditioning serviceman took the a/c apart, he showed me the inner workings. I was shocked by the buildup of disgusting debris. There was a significant accumulation of dust, mold growth and algae thriving in the condensate drain. The serviceman told me that every time the a/c ran it was spreading contaminants throughout the beach house and degrading air quality, he said I was lucky our whole family hadn’t suffered from health complications because of it. He used chemicals to eliminate the debris and restore the operation of the a/c. The improvement was instantaneously evident. I will now make sure to take better care of the cooling unit. I’ve enrolled in a proactive maintenance plan with a local Heating and Air Conditioning business.