Getting rid of mold and spores can be difficult

There was a huge thunderstorm in May and it rained for five days in a row.

  • My house isn’t in a flood zone, but we still ended up with a lot of water in the basement.

The ground was soaked and full, and some water seeped in through the foundation. We didn’t realize there was water in the basement until several days after the storm. We rarely use the basement for any purpose. When my wife found the water, she immediately called a plumber. The plumber came out and pumped all of the standing water out of the basement. He also placed a dehumidifier inside of the room. I am worried about getting mold spores, but the plumber guaranteed that the dehumidifier will keep mold from growing. The plumber gave me the number of a mold remediation specialist, and he suggested that we give them a call after they remove the dehumidifier. It took several days for all of the surfaces to dry, and then I called the mold remediation specialist. They came out to the house and performed a review of the basement and our needs. They sprayed all of the basement surfaces with micro bands and placed mold detectors in each corner. The mold remediation specialist told us that we have nothing to worry about right now, but we should continue to monitor the situation over the next few weeks. It’s been 3 months since the flood, and I think we are finally out of the clear. I haven’t seen any mold or growth, and the basement smells clean, crisp, and fresh.

Company